Corrosion is the process responsible for gradual destruction of metals and alloys as a result of chemical reactions with the surrounding environmental. Therefore, determining a material’s suitability for service in a particular environment is paramount and is an essential component of the design process.
We provide a range of corrosion resistance tests to assist our client in determining a metal is suitable for its intended application or environment.
These tests are;
- Dezincification resistance testing of copper alloys to AS2345:2006
- Ammonium stress corrosion testing for copper products (ISO 6957, DIN 50916)
- Inter-granular corrosion susceptibility of 5xxx series aluminium alloys (NAMLT test); ASTM G67-04
- Exfoliation corrosion susceptibility of 5xxx series aluminium alloys (ASSET test) ASTM G66-99(2013)
- Pitting and crevice corrosion resistance of stainless steels and related alloys by use of ferric chloride solution, ASTM G48-03
Coat weight and thickness testing Determination of zinc coating weight (Mass) of galvanised iron and steel, ASTM A90/A90M-13 Reactive steel assessment for hot dip galvanising